Homemade Hamburger/Hotdog BunsFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
How to make it
- By hand Directions:
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, water and butter until very warm, 120 degrees F (50 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 3/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix milk mixture into flour mixture, and then mix in egg. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Bread Machine Directions:
- Leave out butter to room temp until softened. Add all ingredients in order into your bread machine and roll the "dough" cycle.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Shape into smooth balls, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly. Cover, and let rise for 30 minutes (if desired, you can brush the rolls with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For Hot Dog Buns: Shape each piece into a 6x4 inch rectangle. Starting with the longer side, roll up tightly, and pinch edges and ends to seal. Let rise 30 minutes. Bake as above.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating9 people
Beautiful Bunswonderful homade deserves a high5 plus thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I have a recipe for hot dog buns, but have been looking for a recipe for the hot dog buns made by Howard Johnson's. They open at the top for the hotdog insert, so you can grill them on both sides. Outside of New England, I've never been able to find ...moretablescape in loved it
This is great.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it