Sour Cream Coffee CakeFrom karlyn255 6 years ago
- •3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, divided shopping list
- •1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- •1/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- •1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- •1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- •1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- •1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- •1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar, divided shopping list
- •1/3 cup butter, softened shopping list
- •2 large eggs shopping list
- •1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- •8 ounces sour cream shopping list
- •1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- •1 tablespoon chilled butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spread oats in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Coat 9-inch spring-form baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Set aside.
- Reserve 1/4 cup oats and set aside.
- Place remaining oats in food processor.
- Process until finely ground.
- Combine processed oats, flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir with whisk.
- Place granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/3 cup butter in large bowl.
- Beat with mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternatively with sour cream.
- Begin and end with flour mixture.
- Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Spread evenly.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter with pastry blender until well blended.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of batter.
- Bake for 38 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top should be golden and cake should start to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool in pan for 10 minute before removing.
- Yields 10 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating7 people
Yummm! I love coffe cake recipes!! Thank you!!bostyn in San Diego loved it
This looks very similar to the sour cream coffee cake that I make and it's always delicious! HIGH 5!lor in Toronto loved it
I bet the sour cream makes it nice and moist. This sounds wonderful, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it