Healthy Rice Spinach SaladFrom gwencampbell 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 teas salt (divided) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long grain rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teas fresh oregano, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teas ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 teas red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped kalmata olives (green are OK and you can use black) shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In medium pan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to boil. dd 1/2 teas salt, and the rice. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let sit 5 minutes, uncover and fluff with fork.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, pepper, red pepper flakes, and remaining 1 teas salt in large bowl.
- Add rice and toss to combine.
- Add spinach, toss, let sit about 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss. Serve cold or at room temperature.
The Cookgwencampbell Chula Vista, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!