Pineapple Upside Down Mini CakesFrom juliagulia 6 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup of oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (I used full fat but low or non fat is fine) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice shopping list
- . shopping list
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained, juice set aside shopping list
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 24 maraschino cherries, halved shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly mist mini muffin tins with Pam for Baking (or prepare similarly).
- Place one teaspoon of butter and brown sugar in the bottom of the tin. Mix together well. Add pineapple, and then invert a cherry so the smooth side is face down. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Add sour cream. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture alternately with pineapple juice, beating well after each addition just until mixed.
- Prepare mini-cakes: Add a tablespoon or so of batter to the tin. It should be about 75% filled. Bake for about 9-11 minutes (depending on your oven), until they are golden and a toothpick comes out clean when pricked into the center.
- Remove them from the oven and run a small knife around the edges of the cupcakes to free any edges. Place a baking rack or large platter over the top of the muffin tin and quickly invert the pan. Set the rack and pan on the counter and gently tap on each well to remove the contents. Slowly remove the tin. Let cool for about 15 minutes and then serve.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookjuliagulia Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!