Braised Chicken with Chinese Mushroom and CarrotsFrom ponikuta 9 years ago
- 500g chicken thigh fillets cut into cubes shopping list
- 3 carrots cut into cubes shopping list
- 10 Chinese mushrooms. shopping list
- Half a shallot shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp of ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp of Chinese cooking wine (ShaoXing cooking wine) shopping list
- 2 tbsp of light soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp of dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil shopping list
- 180ml of chicken broth shopping list
- 4-5 star anise shopping list
- 2 dashes of white pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp of corn flour diluted with water shopping list
- 2 chillies chopped finely (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Begin with soaking the Chinese Mushroom with boiling hot water for at least an hour. De-stalk it and keep the soaking water.
- Marinate chicken with light soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil for 15 mins.
- Heat oil, add in shallot, garlic and ginger and fry until fragrant.
- Add chicken, chinese cooking wine, star anise and chilli and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, chinese mushroom, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir well.
- Pour chicken broth and the about half a cup of soaking water from the mushroom and mix well.
- Leave everything to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn flour mix and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour and serve hot.
The Cookponikuta Melbourne, AU
The Rating5 people
Thanks! The one I made is missing the star anise. Yours looks really good!wokkingmum in Singapore loved it
nice.. but i am using chicken legs only and stew it with my Magic Slow Cooker for 10 hours.. just lovely.. thick stew that locks all the favours and so smooth. Yummy!dennon in Subang Jaya loved it
Great!! I added Cinnamon and uses only chicken legs to make a thick stew. Awesome! Thanks.dennon in Subang Jaya loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!