Spiced Apple-Butter BrisketFrom pudgy47 9 years ago
- 4 pound brisket shopping list
- 1 small onion, quartered shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, halved shopping list
- 10 whole cloves shopping list
- water shopping list
- SAUCE shopping list
- 10 ounces apple butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 Tbs. scallions, minced shopping list
- 3 Tbs. prepared mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 tps. salt shopping list
- 3/4 tps. curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 tps. pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In an 8-quart pot, combine brisket, onion, garlic, and cloves. Add enough water to cover meat. Bring to a boil and simmer until meat is tender, about 21/2 hours. Remove brisket from pot.
- 2. SAUCE: While meat is cooking, combine apple butter, white wine, scallions, mustard, salt, curry powder, and pepper in a 2-quart saucepan. Heat until apple butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325 F.
- 4. Place brisket in a roasting pan and brush with apple butter sauce. Roast uncovered 30 minutes until meat is heated through. Baste 2 or 3 times during roasting.
- 5. Source-- CookBook Digest
The Cookpudgy47 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating2 people
Oh..a person after my own taste buds...LOLOOL....this I gotta try...I already know Im gonna like it....Thankspaprikamama in Lake Mary loved it
PS...I forgot to mention to you that I make alot of roasts with applesauce on top...even the flavored ones.....adds soooo much flavor and juiceyness....MMMMMMMpaprikamama in Lake Mary loved it