Caramelized Onion And Asparagus Orzotto-ciFrom keni 3 years ago
- 1lb orzo shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh Parmesan, grated shopping list
- 1/2 lemon (for it's zest) shopping list
- sea or kosher salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare orzo per box directions, but using chicken stock for 2 cups of the water
- In large skillet(I use cast iron, of course ;), saute asparagus and onions in butter.
- Cook until asparagus is al dente and onion begins to caramelize.
- Add salt and pepper and cream, and continue to simmer to thicken
- When orzo is done, drain, but reserve the liquid.
- Add orzo and 3/4-1 cup of the pasta liquid to veggies and cream.
- Add lemon zest and Parmesan cheese, stir, and heat through.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
This "5"FORK!!!!! recipe is
A 'Little Bite of HEAVENLY Food'! (^_^)~
Thank-you for sharing~
~Photo~FLAGGED!!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This dish was easy to make…believe me, if it wasn't I would not have made it. It came out so much better than I thought, and I definitely got the 'risotto' feel, or taste from it. Similar texture and taste, without the constant stirring and work. I...morepkusmc in Worcester loved it
Wonderful! Love the photos! 5 starsheartbrazil in Bahia loved it