Mediterranean Orzo SaladFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- Dressing: shopping list
- ¼ cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/3 cup good quality red wine vinegar shopping list
- ¾ t. beau monde seasoning shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- ½ teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- ¼ t. pepper shopping list
- ½ t salt shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 1 package baby spinach leaves shopping list
- 1½ cups orzo pasta, cooked as directed shopping list
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved shopping list
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, chopped shopping list
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- In small bowl, combine oil, mustard, vinegar and seasonings.
- n a larger bowl, combine cooked and cooled orzo, tomatoes, olives, and cheese.
- Season to taste with the dressing, adding only ½ of the dressing to begin with. I found that I only needed ½ of it and there was plenty of flavor from that amount. You can always add more later if you think it needs more. I didn’t want mine very oily, so the ½ portion was perfect for us.
- Store in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, spoon salad onto a bed of fresh baby spinach leaves.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
Definitely my kind of dish. Nice to see you :)californiacook in loved it
Sally, this orzo salad sounds delicious! I am printing it out and can not wait to try the recipe. Feta cheese goes so well with cold salads and I can see why you said an assortment of different veggies would work here. Thank you for sharing this w...moreshandy in Port Orchard loved it
Nice seeing you again and thank you for this delicious sounding recipe.....*****high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!