Camarones Con Crema (shrimp In Cream)From sharebear1 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 Lb Ready Shrimp (devained) shopping list
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper-Diced shopping list
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper-Diced shopping list
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves-Diced shopping list
- 1/2 Sweet Onion shopping list
- 1 7oz. Can Green Chiles shopping list
- 1 Cup Chicken broth shopping list
- 1 8oz. Package Cream Cheese shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons Mexican Creama shopping list
- 1/2 Tspn Ground Cumin shopping list
- 1/2 Tspn Mexican Oregano shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Chile de Arbol Pepper (add less, if it's to spicy for you) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in skillet. Place peppers, garlic and onion into butter and saute until tender. About 5-7 minutes or until onion is translucent. Remove peppers, onion and garlic and set aside. Save pan and juices, keep warm.
- In seperate pan add broth and green chilies and bring to simmer. Turn off heat and add cream cheese stirring slowly until incorporated. Add mexican creama and spices. Stir again. Add peppers, onion and garlic, stir to incorporate. If to thick add chicken broth until you reach desired consistency, if to thin add more cream cheese or mexican crema. Remove from heat.
- In other pan with juice place shrimp 1-2 minutes on each side until done. Set shrimp aside. Add shrimp to cream mixture.
- Serve over a bed of rice. Top with cilantro and cojita cheese.
- Best served with rice, about 3-4 cups cooked. I like to sprinkle mine with cojita cheese and cilantro also.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
The Rating4 people
Sounds delicious. I just have to find out what Mexican Creama is as I may have to substitute here in Canada.brianna in loved it
Made this tonight...it was quick, easy, and rich! :) And tasty, of course...how could it not be? I did just do the veggies as directed and started the sauce at the same time...added the shrimp to the veggies to cook as I added the seasonings and cre...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
I made this finally! Been eyeballing it for some time now! It was perfect, creamy and delicious! I did only use about 3/4 stick cream cheese cause thats what I had and it was plenty thick...i did have to thin a little with the extra chicken stock....moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!