Creole Crab BurgersFrom darbar 7 years ago
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over shopping list
- ¼ cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- ½ teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1¾ cups fine dry bread crumbs, divided shopping list
- ¾ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted shopping list
- Accompaniments: tartar sauce; iceberg lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together crabmeat, mayonnaise, scallions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cayenne, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 3/4 cup bread crumbs in a bowl until just combined. Form into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties (3½ inches in diameter; patties will be soft but will firm up when
- fried). Spread remaining cup bread crumbs on a plate, then dredge patties in crumbs, knocking off excess, and transfer to a platter. Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then fry patties, turning over once, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Assemble burgers with buns and accompaniments.
- Note: Patties can be formed, without bread crumb coating, 12 hours ahead, and chilled, covered. Dredge in bread crumbs just before frying.
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating3 people
great recipe. Thanks for not overdoing mayo. don't want to hide that crab flavour. good spice blend! reminds me of maryland onestazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
I made this over the weekend for lunch. Very filling! I could hardly finish mine - although I did! :D I was thinking a tomato would be good on it. I'll try that next time. Thank you.frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!