Creole Crab BurgersFrom darbar 9 years ago
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over shopping list
- ¼ cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- ½ teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1¾ cups fine dry bread crumbs, divided shopping list
- ¾ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted shopping list
- Accompaniments: tartar sauce; iceberg lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together crabmeat, mayonnaise, scallions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cayenne, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 3/4 cup bread crumbs in a bowl until just combined. Form into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties (3½ inches in diameter; patties will be soft but will firm up when
- fried). Spread remaining cup bread crumbs on a plate, then dredge patties in crumbs, knocking off excess, and transfer to a platter. Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then fry patties, turning over once, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Assemble burgers with buns and accompaniments.
- Note: Patties can be formed, without bread crumb coating, 12 hours ahead, and chilled, covered. Dredge in bread crumbs just before frying.