Green Soup With French FlairFrom softgrey 4 years ago
- 1/2 vidalia onion, chopped shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 heart of celery, chopped- leaves set aside shopping list
- 2 large green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets shopping list
- 2/3 can white northern beans, drained and rinsed well shopping list
- large handful of flat parsley, washed and chopped shopping list
- water shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the onion in 1 TBSP olive oil until fragrant.
- Add celery stalks and saute until beginning to soften.
- Add potatoes, celery leaves, green onions, about 3 cups of water and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir and lower heat to medium, simmering for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Add frozen broccoli and bring water back to a boil.
- Take a handheld potato masher and smash the larger pieces until it's just chunky...no need for any special equipment here. It should all mash up nicely once it's cooked.
- Add beans and stir well, cooking until heated through.
- Toss in parsley and stir well.
- Serve with a slice of crusty bread floating on top or some rustic croutons.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooksoftgrey New York
- Not added to any groups yet!