Naan BreadFrom jakefoskett 5 years ago
How to make it
- 3 cups of flour (plain or self raising) in a bowl with a good pinch (half teaspoon + ) of salt. Mix in salt.
- Add small tub (about 1 cup) of natural yogurt and mix (kneed) with hands until its like play doe – not sticky or sloppy.
- (if sticky add more flour – if too dry add more yogurt or little bit of water)
- Roll into a ball and cover bowl with tea towel and leave in a warm place for about 40min. Doe should expand.
- Roll into a thick sausage shape and slice into sections – each section roll flat with rolling pin (when using rolling pin on flat surface,
- Cover the surface with enough flour to stop the doe from sticking to the surface).
- Put 10mm cooking oil into medium pan and heat to hot but not tooo hot and place the doe carefully into the pan. Cooks fast
- So don’t look away & turn over using tongs. Remove and place on plate with paper hand towels to absorb oil.
- Peanut oil is good but others are ok.
People Who Like This Dish 67
The Cookjakefoskett Freshwater, Australia
The Rating5 people
Easy, delicious and cheap to make.... Great! Thanks for this....wrigggit in Perth loved it
This was a simple and delicious recipe. Sure to be one made over and over. Try it with toasted caraway seeds... Thanks for the post!wrigggit in Perth loved it
Love this bread. Can't wait to try. Thanks!fluffy24 in Cranston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!