Mushroom,tomato And Basil RagoutFrom chuckieb 6 years ago
- 1 leek shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh button mushrooms, halved shopping list
- 1 can tomatoes 28 oz/796 ml. shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2/3 cup orzo pasta shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese to garnish (Optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Slice off and discard the dark green tops and roots of leek. Cut in half lengthwise and rinse under water to remove any grit. Thinly slice.
- In a large, deep skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 3-4 minutes or until leek begins to soften. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, breaking up with a spoon, and add the water and orzo.
- Bring to boil and cook stirring occasionally for 12-15 min. or until orzo is tender and it has thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in the basil. Pass the cheese to sprinkle on top if desired.