Saucy Country-style Oven RibsFrom cliff 4 years ago
- 4 lb boneless country-style pork ribs shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (2 cups) shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup (12 oz) shopping list
- 2/3 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons drained bottled horseradish shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put ribs in a 6- to 8-quart pot and cover with water by two inches.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, skimming froth, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and garlic in oil in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Drain pork in a colander and pat dry, then arrange in 1 layer using tongs in a 13- by 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour sauce over pork to coat evenly, then cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour, then remove foil and carefully turn pork over with tongs and cook, uncovered, until very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Skim fat from sauce if desired.
The Cookcliff Nederland, TX
The Rating3 people
awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!kenleighbieber in loved it
These were delicious! The only thing I did differently was cut the amount of cider vinegar in half and I was glad I did. There was just enough of that vinegar tang for me. Took a long time, but it was worth it. Added a picture and a thread in IMI
morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
Deeeelicious!! The cook time is perfect and these are fall apart tender :) More in Frankieanne's IMI link below
11/13/14mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!