Alabama White Sauce(original Big Bob Style!)From keni 3 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise(no subs!) shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar shopping list
- juice from 1 large lemon shopping list
- 1T prepared horseradish or horseradish sauce shopping list
- 4 gloves garlic shopping list
- 2 T fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 3-4t ground mustard seeds, or mustard powder shopping list
- 1-3t cayenne(to taste...I use at least 3 :) shopping list
- sea or kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- In medium glass bowl, add mayo, vinegar and lemon juice and stir or whisk well.
- Finely mince and "smoosh" garlic into a paste. Add horseradish.
- Add this mixture, and remaining ingredients to mayo and stir well to combine.
- Add to cole slaw or freshly grilled meats. Try your fries dipped in it, or on baked potatoes. Also good as a veggie dip!
- *Please Note: Use this sauce as a finishing sauce, only, for meats. It will separate if it gets too hot or hot for too long, so either add it directly to straight from the grill meat, or add it at the last turn of grilling, and grill for no more than a couple minutes. It won't hurt you, but it won't be as visually appealing.
People Who Like This Dish 33
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
love and it and have made similar often!midgelet in Eastern loved it
another fine down home recipe thanks your cooking style is like minerescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it
Added this to the colletion Keni had 2 white sauce recipe now 3 , SC, TN and now Alabama we need to get togehter and do some Q sometime I will bring my BBQ Rig
RRrescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it