Sauteed Scallops With Dijon Mustard SauceFrom chuckieb 4 years ago
- 8 sea scallops shopping list
- 1 1/4 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 large shallot, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (don't use cooking wine as it will be too salty!) shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into bits shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 2 green onion tops, sliced into fine bits shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse scallops and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over moderately high heat and saute scallops 1-2 minutes per side (depending on size) or until golden and almost cooked through. Transfer scallops to a plate.
- In the oil remaining in the skillet cook shallot over moderate heat, stirring until softened. Add wine and bring to boil, scraping up any brown bits, for about a minute.
- Stir in water and mustard and simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup. Add butter and swirl skillet until butter is just incorporated into sauce. Season with pepper. to taste. Add your scallops back into the skillet to re-heat for just a moment.
- Divide and place scallops on two appetizer plates and spoon sauce over them. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy!
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Hey Chuckie! :) Made these tonight, already because I found some lovely scallops and we were having some other appetizer type recipes to create a dinner. So, these were wonderful with the crab bruschetta and some asparagus spears. I might have saut...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
These look and sound fantastic! Going on the list, thanks, Chuckieb! :)keni in Sweet Home loved it
Can this recipe be quadrupled, because I know I can eat, at least, that many of these!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it