Sauteed Scallops With Dijon Mustard SauceFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- 8 sea scallops shopping list
- 1 1/4 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 large shallot, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (don't use cooking wine as it will be too salty!) shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into bits shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 2 green onion tops, sliced into fine bits shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse scallops and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over moderately high heat and saute scallops 1-2 minutes per side (depending on size) or until golden and almost cooked through. Transfer scallops to a plate.
- In the oil remaining in the skillet cook shallot over moderate heat, stirring until softened. Add wine and bring to boil, scraping up any brown bits, for about a minute.
- Stir in water and mustard and simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup. Add butter and swirl skillet until butter is just incorporated into sauce. Season with pepper. to taste. Add your scallops back into the skillet to re-heat for just a moment.
- Divide and place scallops on two appetizer plates and spoon sauce over them. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Hey Chuckie! :) Made these tonight, already because I found some lovely scallops and we were having some other appetizer type recipes to create a dinner. So, these were wonderful with the crab bruschetta and some asparagus spears. I might have saut...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
These look and sound fantastic! Going on the list, thanks, Chuckieb! :)keni in Sweet Home loved it
Can this recipe be quadrupled, because I know I can eat, at least, that many of these!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it