Continental Breakfast SaladFrom keni 5 years ago
- 10-12oz baby spinach shopping list
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced or chopped shopping list
- 8 pieces bacon, fried crisp and broken into small pieces shopping list
- 4oz soft, white cheese(I used Havarti, but goat's cheese would be good, too) shopping list
- 2 bananas, fried(instructions on how to do this, follows) or 1 cup fresh blueberries or strawberries, or 2 pears, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts(macadamia or peanut would work best) shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 1T honey shopping list
- 3-4T orange juice(to your desired consistency) shopping list
- 1/8t fresh nutmeg, grated shopping list
- 1/2 loaf dense, plain bread(sourdough, foccacia, etc), cubed shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 2T brown sugar shopping list
- 1t cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients together in medium glass bowl and whisk until combined. Chill until ready to dress salad. See Photo
For Cinnamon Bun Croutons
- Melt butter in microwave or on stove in medium bowl/pan
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar and stir well.
- Add bread cubes and toss to coat well. Let sit about 3 minutes to absorb as much butter as possible :) See Photo
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and crisp around the edges. See Photo
For Fried Bananas
- ***please note: If you don't already know you like the flavor of fried bananas, you might want to substitute a berry or pear in this recipe. The flavor is strong and it's unique, and, if you don't like it, it could ruin the salad.
- Slice bananas in diagonal portions, about 1/2 in wide. See Photo
- Melt 2T butter in skillet(I use cast iron) and fry banana pieces until golden brown on both sides, turning only once, if possible. See Photo
- Remove to drain on paper towels.
To Assemble Salad
- Lay bed of spinach and top with egg slices, bacon, green onion, cheese, nuts and fruit.
- Add croutons and dressing. See Photo