Shrimp Coconut Curry SoupFrom bojangles42 5 years ago
- 4 c. chicken stock shopping list
- 1 12-14 oz can coconut milk (reg. or light is fine) shopping list
- 3 stalks lemon grass- cut into pieces and bruised shopping list
- fresh ginger - 1" diameter, 1.5" long. sliced into 8-12 pcs. shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 1 med red bell pepper fine dice shopping list
- 2 cups bok choy - white parts slice 1/8", green leaves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 Asian egg plant - quartered lengthwise, 1.5" pcs shopping list
- 1 c sliced mushrooms (any will do but I like Shitake) shopping list
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined, 24-28 per pound shopping list
- 1 T fish sauce (I like squid brand) shopping list
- 1 T brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 to 2 teaspoons Red Thai curry paste shopping list
- 2 T fresh lime juice shopping list
- 24 Thai or sweet basil leaves shopping list
- 3 green onions 1/4" sliced on the diagonal shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot add the chicken stock, lemon grass, ginger, garlic.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat and cover.
- After 15 minutes strain out vegetables and return the stock to the pot.
- Add the coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar to the stock
- Bring to a boil and reduce to med low.
- Add the red bell peppers, bok choy, mushrooms. and egg plant
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the shrimp and continue to cook until the shrimp is done (3-4 minutes)
- Remove from heat - stir in the lime juice.
- Ladle into 4 bowls.
- Add several basil leaves and some green onions
- Serve immediately
- Add or substitute salmon cut into 1" pieces
- Spinach or chard can be used instead of bok choy
- Add a mound of cooked rice or rice noodles in the bowl before ladling the soup.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookbojangles42 Rochester, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!