Bread Fresh Dough EnhancerFrom pointsevenout 5 years ago
- 1c vital wheat gluten shopping list
- 1c potato starch shopping list
- or shopping list
- 1c potato flakes shopping list
- 1pkg jelly pectin powder shopping list
- 1c lecithin granules shopping list
- 2T vitamin C tablets, powdered shopping list
- 1T ginger powder shopping list
- 1c powdered milk shopping list
- 1/2c diastatic malt powder shopping list
- 1env gelatin, unflavored shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a blender container or food processor. Process for 30 seconds. Remove enhancer to a glass or plastic container with a tight fitting lid you can get a teaspoon in to. To use add 1 tsp. of the enhancer per 1 cup of flour called for in the recipe. No other adjustments are needed.
- For the Vitamin C tablets. Buy a bottle at your local drug store. Then process in a blender or food processor or coffee grinder or herb grinder until powdered.
- Diastatic malt powder was the hardest ingredient to locate. Try King Aurthur Flour or Bob's Red Mill as sources. A good whole foods or health food store should have it. Make sure it is diastatic as opposed to non-diastatic powder. Non-diastatic is a simple sweetener. Diastatic powder has the enzymes that promote yeast activity.
- Powdered milk is not the instant non-fat dried milk that is in the supermarket. Powdered milk is dry whole milk, sometimes called baker's special dry milk.
- While you're at it pick up a bag of powdered buttermilk for your pantry for those who do not use much buttermilk. It is a great source for a quick cup of buttermilk for your recipes.