Apple StrudelFrom juels 4 years ago
- 2 3/4 cups flour shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tbsp. raisins shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 6 1/2 tbsp. butter, melted shopping list
- 6 apples shopping list
- 3 tbsp. rum shopping list
- 3 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tbsp. fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp. milk shopping list
How to make it
- Mix 2 1/3 cups plus 1 tbsp. flour, 1 egg yolk, the egg, 3 1/2 tbsp. of melted butter and salt with enough warm water to form an elastic dough. Add a little bit of water at a time. Don't make the dough too tough or too soggy. Let the dough rest for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Soak the raisins in warm water, drain. Peel, core, and slice the apples, then toss with rum, raisins, sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough out into a thin oval on a lightly floured surface. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and spread over the apples, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Roll up the edges and seal. Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- Mix together the remaining egg yolk and melted butter and brush the surface of the strudel. Bake for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350F and bake for another 45 minutes, until golden-brown.
- Combine confectioner's sugar and 2 tbsp. milk. Mix together to make a glaze. Brush the glaze on top of strudel. This step is optional. You can also just sprinkle the strudel with confectioner's sugar.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!