Stovetop Stuffed PeppersFrom imhungry 7 years ago
- 5 med-lg green peppers(if they bother you (ya know they repeat themselves)I've used red peppers before and they work just fine) shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice(not minute) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 4 sclices bacon shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. each pepper, salt, garlic powder and Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 4 small cans of chicken broth shopping list
- 3-8oz. tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- cornstarch to thicken shopping list
How to make it
- Chop bacon into small peices and cokk until almost crisp.
- Add onion to bacon and cook until it's wilted.
- Remove with sloted spoon and set aside.
- Mix ground beef, rice, egg,spices and cooled onion and bacon well.
- Remove tops and clean out seeds and ribs of green peppers.
- Loosely stuff it expands b/c of the rice
- In a large pot mix tomato sauce and chicken broth and place in peppers laddle sauce over peppers until they are filled with sauce.
- Bring to a boil put on lid and reduce heat to low-med. cook for 1 hour 15 min.
- Remove peppers and cover with foil.
- Bring sauce to a boil and thicken with the cornstarch. I like it to be a bit thicker than gravy.
- Let the sauce cool down!!! Add sour cream. This is important if you don't let it cool down you'll curdle the sour cream!
- Place sauce in a gravy boat and serve along side peppers!
- We like this with spatzel or mashed potatoes !!!