Bacon, Spinach & Tomato PizzaFrom FrugalFoodieMama 6 years ago
- Pizza Dough: shopping list
- 1 pkg of dry yeast, quick rising shopping list
- 1 cup water(warm, not hot) shopping list
- 1TBSP sugar shopping list
- 3 TBSP olive oil shopping list
- 1 TBSP kosher salt shopping list
- 4-5 cups flour shopping list
- cornmeal for pan shopping list
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 1 large tomato Slice Thinly shopping list
- Fresh Mozzarella, One Large Ball Sliced Thinly shopping list
- fresh basil, about 10 good size leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup of fresh spinach, chopped shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2TBSP olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Pizza Dough:
- Add package of yeast to warm water, along with sugar.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Let set about 5 minutes until yeast has a foam on top.
- Add salt and oil to yeast mixture.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl. Use stand mixer with dough hook.
- Put mixer on low speed and add 1 cup of flour at at time, allowing dough hook to kneed mixture.
- Once dough is smooth and no longer sticky to the touch it is ready.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl greased with olive oil to prevent sticking during rising. Cover bowl with plastic wrap while rising.
- Allow dough to rise about 45min-1Hr.
- While dough is rising you can prep for your pizza toppings.
- Microwave bacon on a paper towel covered plate for 4-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Once bacon is cool, cut into pieces. Set aside.
- Slice Tomatoes. Set aside.
- Slice Mozzarella. Set aside.
- Pull basil leaves, set aside.
- Chopp Spinach, set aside.
- Mince garlic, add to oive oil to a sauc to spread on the pizza.
- Once dough has risen, punch down.
- PreHeat Oven to 500 degrees.
- Dust pizza pan with corn meal.
- Divide Dough in half, roll or press out onto a 12" pizza pan.
- You can use a bigger pan if available or split to two smaler pans.
- If you are making a thicker crust pizza, at this time poke holes in the top of your pizza with a fork and put in oven to par-bake, about 5 minutes.
- If you prefer a thinner crust pizza, go ahead with the pizza toppings.
- Brush garlic oil on crust, being sure to cover every inch of it with garlicky goodness! This is KEY in a great tasting pizza w/o tomato sauce.
- Add sliced mozzarella, reserving a few pieces for the top.
- Add spinach, basil, and bacon.
- Finish with remaining fresh mozzarella.
- Bake in 500 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven. Allow to cool. Slice and enjoy!
The CookFrugalFoodieMama Charlotte, NC
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!