Yummy, Easy And Comforting Chicken CacciatoreFrom foodygirl1979 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (I remove the skin, but that's up to you) shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 small onions, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1- 8oz. package sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup red or white wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 1- 14-1/2oz. can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1- 8oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Dredge chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until nicely browned on both sides; transfer to a 13x9 baking dish that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add onions and garlic to pan and saute untill they begin to soften.
- Add mushrooms to pan and saute until softened.
- Add wine or broth and cook until liquid has evaporated (about 5 mins. or so).
- Stir in stewed tomatoes (with liquid), tomato sauce and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Simmer 1-2 minutes.
- If the sauce seems too thick, you can add some extra wine or chicken broth.
- Pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- NOTE: I have also made this before with boneless, skinless chicken thighs and chicken legs with great results. This can easily be made on the stove top by adding the chicken back to the finished sauce, covering and allowing it to simmer until the chicken is done, 30-45 minutes.