Picante Black Bean SoupFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 4 slices bacon shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, undrained shopping list
- 1 can ( about 14 ounces) beef broth shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 3/4 cup picante sauce (mild, medium,or hot ,your choice) shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- crackers, tortilla chips ,or flour tortillas, what ever you like. shopping list
- Additional picante sauce for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Cut bacon into 1/2 x 1/2 inch pieces
- Cook and stir bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings in saucepan; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add beans with liquid, broth, water, 3/4 cup picante sauce, salt to taste,and oregano.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer covered, 20 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls; dollop with sour cream.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or flour tortillas, and additional picante sauce.