How Do I Make - Fried CatfishFrom keni 6 years ago
How to make it
- Set oil to heat to 330.
- Meanwhile, pour buttermilk over catfish in shallow bowl. Turn each piece to wet both sides, and turn once, during soaking.
- Combine cornmeal, Old Bay, cayenne and salt and pepper in large,shallow pan or tray. See Photo
- When oil is ready, lower heat JUST slightly, then carefully dip one wet fish into dry mix and carefully drop into hot oil. See Photo
- Monitor oil temp carefully. You want to maintain a temperature of 325-340, only and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping once.
- Only cook 1 or 2 at a time, depending on your cooking utensils and stove.
- Catfish can be kept warm and crispy by letting rest on pieces of sliced bread and cover with foil after removing from oil.
- Serve with lemon wedges, hushpuppies, cole slaw and beer! ;)
- (the hushpuppies in the photo were a new recipe.... we weren't happy with them...but, I have my own posted in my recipe list, if anyone's interested! ;)
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
Your catfish looks killer now I want some I always say if you’re going to fry do it Southern style with buttermilk Great recipe!!rescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it
Crispiest catfish we have EVER had! The kiddos loved it, (well the little one picked off the crust cause he has texture issues) and they ate probably a whole catfish between the two of them and they were HUGE fillets. Served with coleslaw and rice....moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it