Citrus Mint Pork Kabobs Over Pineapple RiceFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2lbs boneless pork loin or chops, cubed into bite size pieces shopping list
- 12oz fresh whole white or baby bella mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large or 2 small apples, cubed or wedged(no need to peel) shopping list
- 1 large or 2 small red onions, wedged shopping list
- juice from 2-3 lemons(about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- juice from 1 lime shopping list
- 1t each zest from lemon and lime shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt shopping list
- 1/2-2t red pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- 2t olive oil or melted butter shopping list
- dash of balsamic vinegar shopping list
- dash of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2-3t dried mint shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
For pineapple Rice
- 6 servings of cooked rice: brown, white, Jasmine, Basmati(this is what I used), etc, cooked per package directions but using part stock/broth for the water. shopping list
- 1 can crushed pineapple, undrained, or fresh pineapple run through your processor(I prefer fresh) shopping list
- 2-3 green onions, chopped shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. shopping list
How to make it
- Add pork, apple, onion and mushroom pieces to large zipper bag or bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over contents of bag/bowl.
- Toss to coat well.
- Cover or zip and let marinate in fridge for 1-4 hours, turning once.
- Thread metal or soaked bamboo or wooden skewers either alternating with pork, apples, mushrooms and onions or doing all of one thing per skewer for more even, appropriate cooking.
- Grill or broil for about 3-5 minutes per side for pork. The rest can be cooked to your preference!
- Meanwhile, add cooked rice, pineapple, green onions and salt and pepper to medium, heavy saucepan.
- Heat over medium/low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through and the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Serve skewers over rice and with flatbread.