Cincinnati Chili Skyline StyleFrom texasceleste 9 years ago
- 1 lb. natural ground beef (85/15 is what I prefer) shopping list
- 16 oz. spaghetti noodles shopping list
- 8 oz. bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 29 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 large diced yellow sweet onion shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp. Worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened powdered cocoa shopping list
- 1 cube or tbsp beef boullion shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. allspice shopping list
- oyster crackers and red or sweet yellow onion to top shopping list
How to make it
- Cook ground beef on stovetop over medium to medium high heat until browned through (about 5 min.) Add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup onion and the 1-2 cloves minced garlic and cook about 2 more minutes or until onion is translucent. The key with the onion is to cut the pieces pretty small, almost minced, so they are not noticeable. This is not your normal chunky chili, should be more of a saucy consistency. Break up the meat while you are cooking also!
- Then, pour into a large (2-3 quart) soup pot. Add other ingredients (except cheese, noodles, crackers, and remainder of onion) and stir well. Bring to rapid boil, stirring frequently.
- Once mixture boils, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 50-60 minutes. Meanwhile, boil spaghetti to desired tenderness and drain.
- Layer in a bowl as follows: noodles, chili, onion, cheese, oyster crackers. I recommend eating with a knife and fork. Delicious!
The Cooktexasceleste Austin, TX
The Rating3 people
Made this last night & it was a huge hit! Thanks for this - I had Cincinnati Chili once years ago & have never forgotten it; this tasted just like I remember.modelsmom in Worcester loved it
I found this recipe a few months ago and have been making it at least twice a month since then. I live in Ohio and we used to go to Skyline a lot -- but the last two times I was there I didn't think it tasted as good as it usually did. Then I realiz...moremuffinstar in Cuyahoga Falls loved it
I add a can of kidney beans, because it just doesn't seem like chili without them.modelsmom in Worcester loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!