Supah Slammin' Slow Cooker PorkFrom chefmal 3 years ago
- 1 Medium pork rump roast, or however big a roast it takes to feed your family. The slow cooker I got is huge enough to simmer up an entire human head. shopping list
- 6-8 Large white potatoes, scrubbed, skins still on and cubed shopping list
- 1 Large spanish onion, peeled and diced shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 Large red apple, cored and cubed shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbspns of each: rosemary, thyme, Smokehouse Maple seasoning. Separate 1 Tbspn for the fixins and the rest for the meat. shopping list
- 1/2 tspn honey shopping list
- Enough chicken stock to submerge the fixins and part of the meat. I wanna say.....1 1/2 Quarts? shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste, optional. shopping list
How to make it
- I guess the first step is to put the plastic crock pot liner on. If you've never used them, they really *do* make things a lot easier. I'm just sayin'.
- Anyway, get your veggies ready. Once cut, keep the potatoes submerged in water until ready to use. This is important because we don't want them to oxidize. You can use other things with it like celery, mushrooms or carrots or whatever, I just used what I had on hand. Drain and put all the stuff on the bottom of the slow cooker without the meat.
- In a separate bowl, crush up about 1 Tbspn rosemary and thyme and a few dashes of smokehouse maple seasoning (which I love with a passion and put on nearly everything). Throw it into the potato/onion/apple mix and toss it until it's coated evenly.
- Then mix what's left of the herb mixture plus a dollop of honey and use it as a rub for the pork roast. Once that's done, place your roast on top of everything, fill the machine up about halfway with chicken stock and let it simmer for about 8 hours.
- This is the very first thing I've ever made in a slow cooker and I just couldn't get over how absolutely amazing it came out. I think my girlfriend basted it a few times during the day but I don't think it would have suffered much if she hadn't.
- So now that I'm a believer, the only question left to ask is.... what are we gonna make next??
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookchefmal Brooklyn, NY
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!