Fried/steamed Cabbage With An AttitudeFrom elgourmand 6 years ago
- 1. One good sized head of cabbage, thin sliced or 2 qts of raw Sour Kraut, drained. shopping list
- 2. 1/2 lb bacon or pork belly. shopping list
- 3. 1/2lb beef , small cubes or mince, if you must. shopping list
- 4. 1 med. cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced. shopping list
- 5. 2 med onions, chopped. shopping list
- 6. 1 med bell pepper, seeded & chopped. shopping list
- 7. 1 tsp mild chilli powder (or hot if you like) shopping list
- 8. 1 tsp Mexican paprika. shopping list
- 9. 1 tsp cumin. shopping list
- 10. 2 med cloves garlic, chopped fine. shopping list
- 11. 1 med Bay leaf, crumbled. shopping list
- 12. 2 Tbs olive oil. shopping list
- 13. 2 tsp worcestershire sauce, optional. shopping list
- 14. salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- • Heat the Olive oil in a very deep frying pan or shallow pot, with a heavy bottom.
- • Add the bacon and beef and simmer until the bacon is just cooked and the beef is browned.
- • Add all the rest of the ingredients and simmer while stirring until it’s well blended and simmering nicely.
- • Reduce heat and cover.
- • Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is as done as you like it.
- • Serve with a garnish of your choice.
- I often serve this with saffron rice or fresh biscuits or Naan.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating2 people
Okay, sir...made this tonight to go with a new Pomegranate Glazed Chicken recipe I created... VERY good with it! :) Here's what I did: We don't get "great" cabbage this time of year, which is why I wanted to do something full of flavor to...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
this will surely be on my to-cook-list for next week :)mommylotte in Aichi Ken loved it
I cooked this today and it's sooooo yummy! Thanks for this easy yet so delicious recipe!mommylotte in Aichi Ken loved it