Chicken Bruschetta SandwichFrom keni 6 years ago
- about 2lbs chicken tenderloins(try to plan on 2 pieces/sandwich) shopping list
- 2T red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 large tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian herbs, minced( and divided) parsley, oregano and basil shopping list
- 8oz ball fresh Mozzarella, sliced shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- fresh garlic or garlic powder(your choice on how you like to make your garlic bread :) shopping list
- 6 Italian, Artisan, or French sandwich rolls, split shopping list
- handful of fresh basil leaves(I used 2 for each sandwich) shopping list
- salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- In large glass bowl or zipper bag, combine 2T of Italian herbs, salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil. Add chicken and toss to coat. Let sit about 20 minutes or so. See Photo
- Grill or broil chicken until done. Set aside. See Photo
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, onions, 2 cloves minced garlic, and a lil salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt butter and add fresh garlic or garlic powder.
- Brush on both sides of cut sides of bread.
- On bottom pieces of bread, add mozarella slices.
- Top with chicken pieces, then the tomato mixture. See Photo
- Bake both halves of all sandwiches(separately, don't put the top piece of bread ON the bottom with the goodies, just bake them open faced, as shown) in 400 oven for about 10-12 minutes, until edges are brown and cheese is melting.
- Top tomato mixture with Parmesan cheese and bake another 5 minutes or so, until bubbly. See Photo
- Place a couple fresh basil leaves on each sandwich and place the tops on each...carefully...they're hot! ;) See Photo