Cookie Dough Topped BrowniesFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- Brownie Base: shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1½ cups flour shopping list
- ½ cup baking cocoa shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- cookie Dough Topping: shopping list
- ½ cup butter, softened shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 tablespoon solid shortening ( I never use this) shopping list
How to make it
- For the base, combine sugar, flour, cocoa and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil, eggs and vanilla, then beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour into greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely before topping with the cookie dough topping.
- For cookie dough topping, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add half-and-half and vanilla, mixing together well.
- Beat in the flour.
- Spread mixture over cooled brownies (this takes time and patience not to tear the brownies as you are spreading the topping over them – I drop by small spoonfuls all over the brownies, and then gently spread it together).
- Chill until firm, then frost.
- For frosting, melt milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- You can add the shortening if desired, but I never do.
- Gently spread the melted chocolate over the cookie dough layer.
- Chill well to make cutting into squares easier.
- No need to keep refrigerated once they are chilled and cut, as refrigeration will dry out the brownies. If you are not serving them within a couple days, I would suggest you freeze them.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating4 people
Krum.... Im adding this to my many recipes on my to do list... these sound so rich and decadent... I love the way they sound...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
YUM!!! Yet another football party recipe!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
thank you so much for this recipe. It was so fun and different from the usual brownies I make. I will definitely make this again!yumyum in Brooklyn loved it