Beef MulligatawnyFrom efitobx 2 years ago
- 3 pounds stewing beef, cubed shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely sliced onion shopping list
- 9 cloves shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 4 cardamom pods, shelled shopping list
- 1 tablespoon crushed black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups reduced fat milk shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 3 fresh green chili peppers, slit shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 large potatoes, cut into large cubes shopping list
- 12 whole black peppercorns shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil and fry the dry spices (except the whole peppercorns) with the half-cup of onions, ginger, garlic, green chili peppers and bay leaf.
- Remove from the pan when the onions are golden brown, and set aside.
- Dust the meat with the flour, and add to the pot, stirring quickly.
- Add the vinegar, salt and milk. Turn the heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring every now and then.
- After an hour, add the cubed potatoes and the spiced onion mixture, and mix it well.
- Now add the whole peppercorns and cook for another hour, or until the meat is very tender and the potatoes are soft. The gravy should be reduced and very thick by the time you remove the pot from the stove. Serve warm.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
The Rating2 people
Made this tonight and it was wonderful! I needed to feed 7(kids and adults) with a salad and bread, so I increased the meat, using venison loin steaks, cubed, to 4lbs and added one potato, then played with the rest of the ingredients enough to comp...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
Where's the salt amount in the list of ingredients.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!