叉烧 Cantonese Bbq PorkFrom resc 4 years ago
How to make it
- Remove fat from pork tenderloin and slice into strips about 3cm wide.
- Pierce the pork all over thoroughly with a fork. This make the pork more tender and allows the marinade to better penetrate the meat.
- Place pork strips in a tray and cover with marinade. Ensure strips are covered completely in marinade.
- Cover tray tightly and place in the refrigerator for several hours (overnight or for 24 hours is preferable).
- Preheat the oven to 230°C, and set up a roasting rack. Add ¾ cup of water to the bottom of the roasting pan. Place pork strips on the rack, and keep remaining marinade.
- Roast for 20 minutes until pork is cooked all the way through. Baste with remaining marinade at least twice to build up a good layer of marinade on the outside of the meat. The pork should turn a golden-red color as it cooks.
- Baste the pork with sugar baste, and place it under the broiler for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve cold, or use diced in other dishes. This dish goes very well with ginger and onion.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cookresc Munich, Germany
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!