Zucchini-pecan Cake w/Cream Cheese FrostingFrom DetroitTokyo 5 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup unbleached white flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 3/4 cup olive oil (not extra-virgin) shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini shopping list
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped + a handful for garnish. shopping list
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter, room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tbsp+ orange zest shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two 9" diameter cake pans w/parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and alspice in medium mixing bowl. Blend well. In a separate large bowl, combine oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Fold in flour mixture, then zucchini and pecans. Divide evenly between two cake pans.
- Bake cake about 45 minutes, or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on rack until completely cool (very important!) at least one hour. Turn cakes out and peel off parchment paper.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer. Add vanilla, cinnamon, orange zest and sugar. Spread about half onto one top, place other cake on top lining up the sides as closely as you can. Use the rest of the frosting to cover the top & sides. Sprinkle a handful of pecans on top.
People Who Like This Dish 18
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- HoustonBelle Somewhere In, Texas
- britnik Colorado Springs, CO
- sugarmama Chicago, IL
- essentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- doreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- luisascatering San Carlos, CA
- Caite Nowhere, Us
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- Plus 8 othersFrom around the world!