Roasted Chicken Enchiladas with Poblano Sour Cream SauceFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- 4 flour tortillas, preferably homemade shopping list
- 2 cups organic monterey jack cheese & sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded and mixed together, divided shopping list
- Roast Chicken: shopping list
- 1/2 of an organic whole chicken shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- seasonings: kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, chipotle powder, cumin, garlic powder shopping list
- sour cream Poblano Sauce: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- ground cumin, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- dripping from roasted chicken shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup light sour cream shopping list
- 2 large fresh poblano chiles, roasted peeled seeds removed and diced shopping list
- fresh cilantro, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Roast Chicken:
- Place cavity side down in baking dish. Rub chicken with olive oil and spices, salt and pepper. Roast at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven, lightly tent with foil and let rest and cool down for an hour.
- Pour pan drippings into a small bowl and place in the fridge (this allows the fat to rise to the top and you can scoop it off). Meanwhile remove skin and pull meat away from bone, shredding it into a bowl. Set as aside.
- In a skillet or saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and saute until softened (do not brown). Add as much cumin as you'd like and stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken drippings along with the water, whisking until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in sour cream and chiles. You can add cilantro at this point, if using.
- Spread a little sauce (about 1/4 cup) into a 9 x 13-inch pan. Mix together 1 cup of the cheese, 1 cup of the sauce and the chicken. Place an equal amount of the mixture into each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down into a 9 x 13-inch pan. Pour remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese See Photo. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes. Remove foil and broil until cheese gets some color on it. Remove from oven and let rest about 10 minutes before serving.