How Do I Make - Pork SouvlakiFrom keni 5 years ago
- 2lbs boneless pork shoulder or loin(I use loin), cut into 1/2-1 inch cubes shopping list
- juice from 2-3 lemons(about 1/4 cup or so of juice...I usually go a lil extra) shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3T butter, melted shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 2t worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2T fresh oregano, rubbed and chopped shopping list
- 1T fresh mint leaves, rubbed and chopped shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper(I go heavy on this) shopping list
- flat breads or pitas shopping list
- red onion, sliced shopping list
- tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- tzatziki style sauce(I suggest this one: tzatziki.html">Easy Greek tzatziki) shopping list
- and seasoned french fries, similar to these: Greek Fries shopping list
- feta, if you use a traditional tzatziki shopping list
How to make it
- In large zipper style bag, combine meat with lemon juice, vinegar, butter, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and mint.
- Let marinate in the fridge at least 4 hours, up to over night, flipping occasionally.
- Remove meat pieces from marinade and skewer on metal or soaked bamboo/wooden skewers.
- Grill or broil about 6 minutes each side, until done.
- Toss the pita breads on the grill, too, to soften slightly, if desired.
- Wrap meat with slices of tomatoes, onions, Greek seasoned fries, and drizzle with tzatziki. Fold up and enjoy! :)