Pulled Asian PorkFrom keni 5 years ago
- 3lbs boneless pork loin or ribs shopping list
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup plum sauce shopping list
- 1T oyster sauce shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 small onion, grated, or 1/4 cup dried minced onion shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1-3t Sriracha sauce shopping list
- 2T Chinese hot mustard shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 2T rice vinegar shopping list
- dash of sesame oil shopping list
- about 1/2 inch grated ginger shopping list
- 1 cup ginger ale or Ginger beer shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for about 4-6 hours, until meat is tender and falling apart.
- Carefully shred meat as much as possible using two forks.
- Leave lid off slow cooker and continue to cook another couple hours or so.
- Sauce will thicken slightly upon cooking.
- Stir and taste often, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- I served this by layering a bit of broccoli slaw on top of a grilled flatbread, added a large scoop of the meat(I used a slotted spoon), then sprinkled with green onions and cilantro.
- We ate it folded...but, you'll need 2 pitas per sandwich...one to fold and eat, and one to sop up all the yummy sauce you're gonna lose! :)
- This would also be good on Hawaiian rolls.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
Made this for Keni Cooking Day 2016! This was awesome! Made half a recipe as that was the size of Pork Loin I had... Mr. Persnickety pants ate almost all of it on homemade tortillas with a little grated cheese and lettuce. Fortunately he left a sm...moreArlobster in loved it
Jan 24/17 - made for "2017 Cooking for Keni"
This is another fantastic recipe that Keni had submitted. I used ginger beer which I found at a great price. I had planned to have this for dinner Saturday night so I did the recipe ...moreNadineM in Mississauga loved it