Pulled Asian PorkFrom keni 4 years ago
- 3lbs boneless pork loin or ribs shopping list
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup plum sauce shopping list
- 1T oyster sauce shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 small onion, grated, or 1/4 cup dried minced onion shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1-3t Sriracha sauce shopping list
- 2T Chinese hot mustard shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 2T rice vinegar shopping list
- dash of sesame oil shopping list
- about 1/2 inch grated ginger shopping list
- 1 cup ginger ale or Ginger beer shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for about 4-6 hours, until meat is tender and falling apart.
- Carefully shred meat as much as possible using two forks.
- Leave lid off slow cooker and continue to cook another couple hours or so.
- Sauce will thicken slightly upon cooking.
- Stir and taste often, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- I served this by layering a bit of broccoli slaw on top of a grilled flatbread, added a large scoop of the meat(I used a slotted spoon), then sprinkled with green onions and cilantro.
- We ate it folded...but, you'll need 2 pitas per sandwich...one to fold and eat, and one to sop up all the yummy sauce you're gonna lose! :)
- This would also be good on Hawaiian rolls.