Baked Chicken TaquitosFrom icecreamuffin 3 years ago
- 16 small flour tortillas shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed) shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 lime, zested & halved shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock, divided into 1/2 cups shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- a handful of cilantro leaves, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp: cumin, coriander, paprika, oregano, ancho chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp: turmeric, kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp: cayenne pepper (add more if you like spicy), ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil & heat on medium high.
- Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel, then coat them in the rub, shaking off any excess. Place the chicken into the pan (it should sizzle), browning well on both sides until just underdone (about 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken). Squeeze half of the lime over the chicken. When the pan starts becoming dry, add in 1/2 cup of the chicken stock..make sure you loosen up all those nice brown bits stuck to the pan. Remove the chicken and let it rest on a plate for at least 10 minutes, then shred it with your hands or two forks.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil, set aside.
- Once the chicken is removed, add the onion and bell pepper to the pan, coating them in the leftover juices; let cook about 5 minutes until they start to become translucent. Add in the tomatoes & garlic, lime zest, and the rest of the lime juice; stir well. Once the veggies have absorbed most of the liquid, pour in the rest of the chicken stock, and let cook another couple minutes, until half of the liquid is cooked off & the veggies are soft.
- Transfer the shredded chicken, cilantro, and veggies (along with any leftover juices) to a large bowl and combine well. Fill each tortilla with 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture, then roll them up tightly, like a burrito, and place on the baking sheets. Make sure the taquitos are spread out so they have room to brown! Brush them liberally with olive oil and bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Serve with rice, beans, & fresh guac :)
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!