Best Ever Fluffy DumplingsFrom Cherrill 2 years ago
How to make it
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool just a little
- Sieve flour, salt and baking powder together
- Add the melted butter and milk
- Mix to form a dough
- With floured hands, form into golfball sized rounds
- Drop into boiling stew of any type and cover. It must be boiling when you drop the dumplings in.
- DO NOT!! be tempted to peek during the next 25 minutes. Taking the lid off mid way to see how they're doing will stop them rising. Trust me, I've made this mistake!
- These dumplings work in the oven too. After 20 minutes covered, take the lid off the casserole and allow 5-10 minutes more to brown the tops. They won't dry out.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The CookCherrill Pizarra, Spain
The Rating2 people
Your recipe for the Dumplings looks good then the one that I have for Kathy's Dumplings
I thought that you ought to know that I made these this afternoon for the very first time.I thought to myself.Before I add these dumplings that I would try them out.Now I see why you named this recipe like you did.I comment about this recipe in this ...more
Okay I had forgot to rate this.These were Delicious.
- Not added to any groups yet!