Best Ever Fluffy DumplingsFrom Cherrill 2 years ago
How to make it
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool just a little
- Sieve flour, salt and baking powder together
- Add the melted butter and milk
- Mix to form a dough
- With floured hands, form into golfball sized rounds
- Drop into boiling stew of any type and cover. It must be boiling when you drop the dumplings in.
- DO NOT!! be tempted to peek during the next 25 minutes. Taking the lid off mid way to see how they're doing will stop them rising. Trust me, I've made this mistake!
- These dumplings work in the oven too. After 20 minutes covered, take the lid off the casserole and allow 5-10 minutes more to brown the tops. They won't dry out.
The CookCherrill Pizarra, Spain
- Not added to any groups yet!