StickiesFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 c sifted a.p. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/3 c milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter plus 2 tbsp of butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar packed firmly shopping list
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped nuts shopping list
- 3/4 tsp of cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Perheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powderand salt together.
- In mixing bowl add two tbsp butter and work it into the flour mix using two knives or with your fingers until you have little floured lumps like peas. Mix in milk slowly with a fork.
- DON'T MIX TOO MUCH.
- Dump on lightly floured pastry cloth, sprinkle with flour and roll lightly into a rectangle until it is about 1/8 of inch thick.
- Spread 1/4 cup of butter over the surface (spreads easily if butter is very soft).
- Then sprinkle with brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Now, using both hands, roll dough tightly like a jelly roll. then tuck in the ends neatly. Cut off dough with a very sharp knife into one inch thick slices.
- Place a little bit apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.