Ham N' Swiss LoafFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups All Purpose or bread flour shopping list
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's Quick-Rise instant yeast shopping list
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp. margarine shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 cups chopped cooked ham (about 500g/1 lb.) shopping list
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped dill pickles shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Reserve one cup flour. Mix remaining flour, yeast, sugar and salt in large bowl. Heat water, mustard and butter until very warm (125F/50C). Stir warm liquid into dry ingredients. Mix in enough reserved flour to make a soft dough that does not stick to the bowl. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- To fill and shape loaf:
- Roll dough into a 15" x 10" rectangle. Place on greased baking sheet. Sprinkle ham, cheese, and dill pickles over the center third of the rectangle. With a sharp knife, make cuts from filling to dough edges at 1: intervals along sides of filling. Alternating sides, fold strips at an angle across the filling.
- Cover, let rise in warm draft-free place until double in size, about 20-40 minutes. Brush loaf with egg. Bake in 375F oven about 35 minutes or until golden brown and piping hot. Remove from sheet to serving plate. Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 17
- Kingswood Nowhere, Us
- oxyfuel Nowhere, Us
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- moneyhun144 Nowhere, Us
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- eyecook Ironwood, MI
- Sheebs Harrisburg, MO
- SadiesMom Nowhere, Us
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- danawitczak Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Plus 7 othersFrom around the world!