Portobello ParmesanFrom keni 2 years ago
- 6 large portobello caps, stems and gills removed(save for stocks! :) shopping list
- 2 eggs(can sub egg substitute, if desired) shopping list
- 1/2 cup Italian style fine bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 6oz fresh parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 8oz marinated mozzarella cheese(I used a spicy, braided one, but you can use the round options, too), warmed slightly shopping list
- about 2 cups favorite marinara shopping list
- kosher or sea salt(if needed) and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In pie plate or deep plate, combine both types of bread crumbs, a fair bit of pepper and Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Set aside.
- In another pie plate or deep dish, beat eggs well.
- Dip NON stem side of mushrooms in the beaten egg. Let excess drip off.
- Immediately place in the bread crumb mixture and carefully roll to cover all of that side with crumbs.
- Lay stem side DOWN(coated side up) on broiler safe pan or sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mushrooms.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, until golden brown(you may need to lower your rack a rung if you are worried the crumbs might burn)
- Remove from oven and carefully flip the mushrooms over onto a wire(broiler safe) cooling rack.
- Place rack over your broiler pan or sheet.
- Arrange pieces of the mozzarella in the mushroom caps.
- Spoon marinara sauce over top of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with a bit of the remaining crumb mixture.
- Broil another 5 minutes, or so, just until heated through and the crumbs on top have browned.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 21
- DoraSoSweet Richmond, Va
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- superfox12082 Somewhere, Minnesota
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- Liza6767 Bakersfield, CA
- justlikemikey Nowhere, Us
- warsawnan Warsaw, IN
- christinem Worcester, MA
- hungrynow Corralitos, CA
- cooking202 Cumming, GA
- Plus 11 othersFrom around the world!