Cheesecake Carrot CakeFrom recipediva 9 years ago
- 16 ounces cream cheese (at room temp) shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- carrot cake shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 dash salt shopping list
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained with juice reserved shopping list
- 1 cup grated carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- **pineapple CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter,sweet, softened shopping list
- 1 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice shopping list
How to make it
- 1. To make cheesecake,
- 2. In large bowl of electric mixer, beat together 2 pkgs cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- 3. Beat in 1 tablespoon flour, 3 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- 4. Meanwhile prepare Carrot Cake: In large bowl, combine oil, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, blending thoroughly.
- 5. Stir in 1 cup flour, baking soda, cinnamon and dash salt, mixing well.
- 6. Stir in drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
- 7. Spread 1 1/2 cups carrot cake batter over bottom of greased 9-or 9 1/2-inch springform pan.
- 8. ***Drop large spoonfuls of cream cheese batter over carrot cake batter; top with large spoonfuls of remaining carrot cake batter.
- 9. Repeat with remaining cream cheese batter, spreading evenly with a knife.
- 10. Do not marble with a knife.
- 11. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 50 to 65 minutes or until cake is set and cooked through.
- 12. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- 13. When cake is cold, prepare Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 14. In a bowl of electric mixer, combine 8 oz cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice and dash of salt.
- 15. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- 16. Frost top of cheesecake.
- 17. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- ***After several times of making this. I pour the carrot cake layer, instead of marbling it. I just gently pour on the cheesecake mixture and bake it. I like the different layers. Any way this is an amazing recipe. Please give this a try if you love carrot cake and cheesecake!
- **Frosting: What I use. Same as listed above. I end up putting in the entire stick of butter and well drained (1/4 cup) crushed pineapples. DO NOT OVER DO ON THE JUICE or the frosting will be thin. Drain pineapples well, I squeeze it. If you must add more confectioners sugar. I usually dont have too. I don't make my frosting very sweet. This carrot cheesecake is plenty sweet and this icing compliments is so well. I thought it would be to much, BUT OHHHHHHH is it out of this world!
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
Yep, I will try this one... Yummmmmmmshirleyoma in Cove loved it
WoW! I made this and it IS delicious! I shared it with the lady that does my hair, and she now has to submit the recipe to three friends once I email it to her. Then I shared it with a co-worker who now has to share the recipe with family members....moreshandy in Port Orchard loved it
One of those great recipe again.Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it