Cheesecake Carrot CakeFrom recipediva 6 years ago
- 16 ounces cream cheese (at room temp) shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- carrot cake shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 dash salt shopping list
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained with juice reserved shopping list
- 1 cup grated carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- **pineapple CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter,sweet, softened shopping list
- 1 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice shopping list
How to make it
- 1. To make cheesecake,
- 2. In large bowl of electric mixer, beat together 2 pkgs cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- 3. Beat in 1 tablespoon flour, 3 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- 4. Meanwhile prepare Carrot Cake: In large bowl, combine oil, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, blending thoroughly.
- 5. Stir in 1 cup flour, baking soda, cinnamon and dash salt, mixing well.
- 6. Stir in drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
- 7. Spread 1 1/2 cups carrot cake batter over bottom of greased 9-or 9 1/2-inch springform pan.
- 8. ***Drop large spoonfuls of cream cheese batter over carrot cake batter; top with large spoonfuls of remaining carrot cake batter.
- 9. Repeat with remaining cream cheese batter, spreading evenly with a knife.
- 10. Do not marble with a knife.
- 11. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 50 to 65 minutes or until cake is set and cooked through.
- 12. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- 13. When cake is cold, prepare Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 14. In a bowl of electric mixer, combine 8 oz cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice and dash of salt.
- 15. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- 16. Frost top of cheesecake.
- 17. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- ***After several times of making this. I pour the carrot cake layer, instead of marbling it. I just gently pour on the cheesecake mixture and bake it. I like the different layers. Any way this is an amazing recipe. Please give this a try if you love carrot cake and cheesecake!
- **Frosting: What I use. Same as listed above. I end up putting in the entire stick of butter and well drained (1/4 cup) crushed pineapples. DO NOT OVER DO ON THE JUICE or the frosting will be thin. Drain pineapples well, I squeeze it. If you must add more confectioners sugar. I usually dont have too. I don't make my frosting very sweet. This carrot cheesecake is plenty sweet and this icing compliments is so well. I thought it would be to much, BUT OHHHHHHH is it out of this world!
The Cookrecipediva Philly, PA
The Rating5 people
I made this tonight. It's still in the oven actually. I just mixed up the frosting. I had a lemon in the fridge so I zested it and squeezed the juice from half of it into my frosting (instead of the pineapple)fancyjen in Bridgewater loved it
Why hasn't anyone thought of this sooner?lenora in Oak Park loved it
One of those great recipe again.Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it