Apple Cheese DanishFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon zest shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice (about half of a lemon) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces - I used Northern Spy shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted shopping list
- 1 egg beaten + a splash of water (egg wash) shopping list
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- splash of milk shopping list
- flour to sprinkle shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine cream cheese, Ricotta, zest, vanilla, salt and 1 tbsp sugar and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine apples, 1 tbsp sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice and toss to coat.
- If pastry is folded, carefully unfold. Sprinkle a piece of parchment with flour and carefully transfer pastry to paper. (If your puff pastry is a circle, cut into a rectangle. Mine was from Trader Joe's and came as a square.)
- Slice off the top corners of the pastry sheet. Slice 1-inch strips into either side of the dough, leaving the center uncut. Do your best to cut the same length into each side. I had about 7 strips per side.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly down the center (uncut) part of the pastry. Top with apple slices.
- Braid the pastry by folding the strips over the filling, alternating sides, until you've worked your way down. Trim off any leftover strips or extra dough with your knife.
- Transfer parchment to baking sheet and top with egg wash. Bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar and milk and mix until smooth. Add more milk or sugar to reach desired consistency, should coat the back of a spoon. Drizzle top of danish and let set before serving.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!