Cheese, Bacon And Onion Jumbo ShellsFrom grecogirl 2 years ago
- 1 package of Jumbo Shells shopping list
- 1 lb. pancetta or bacon shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 15 oz whole milk ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup powdered parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 large onion diced shopping list
- fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- Alfredo Sauce: shopping list
- See my recipe for alfredo shopping list
- peas.html">Rigatoni Alfredo With Sweet peas shopping list
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter shopping list
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 chopped shallot shopping list
- 1/2 cup of grated or shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup of grated or shredded romano cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet fry up pancetta or bacon and then drain on a paper towel. In same pan with bacon drippings add the chopped onion and sauté until soft, about 5 min. When onions are done take out and let cool on plate. Break up bacon into small pieces. Set aside for now.
- In large bowl mix ricotta, Parmesan cheese and egg. Then add in the bacon pieces and onion. Place in fridge until ready to use. ( this can even be made a day ahead of time and stored in fridge until ready to use.)
- In a large pot, boil water and add salt to cook jumbo shells as directed on package.
- While shells are cooking make the Alfredo sauce.
- Cooking the Alfredo:
- Heat large skillet to med. and add half of butter
- Sauté shallots and garlic until light brown .Add rest of butter. When butter is melted add in the heavy cream Stir constantly with whisk for 10-12 min. on med. heat Remove from heat and gradually add cheese while stirring. Add pepper
- Drain the shells and place on cookie sheet to cool. Get out a 13 X 9 baking dish to place finished shells in. Take each shell and stuff with cheese mixture then put in baking dish. Once baking dish is full of shells top with Alfredo sauce and chopped parsley.
- Bake in oven for about 10-15 min. Serve and enjoy!