Kielbasa Sauerkraut CasseroleFrom notyourmomma 3 years ago
- 3 tbsp of butter shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 lb of fresh pack sauerkraut, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup of chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 lb. of potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed and cubed shopping list
- 1 lb. of kielbasa (I've used turkey kielbasa successfully) cut in 3 inch chunks shopping list
- 3 tbsp of Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter and saute onion slices until golden brown.
- Add sauerkraut, wine, chicken stock, vinegar, brown sugar, bay leaf, and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 20 minutes. Reduce a bit but leave enough liquid to cook the spuds.
- Add potatoes and kielbasa.
- Stir in mustard and simmer into potatoes are tender.
- Serve with a cold Pilsner and German brown bread and butter.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!