Chicken Parmesan AgainFrom dugger 8 years ago
- 4 each boned and skinned chicken breasts, about 4 ounces each shopping list
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour, all-purpose shopping list
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 cups spaghetti, cooked and drained (about 8 oz raw) shopping list
- 3 cups pasta sauce (make it yourself or bought) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil, fresh or dried basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Start bringing pasta water to a boil in a pasta pot or large saucepan.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge each chicken breast in flour. Dip in egg whites, dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Start cooking the spaghetti separately.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place the cooked and drained spaghetti in the bottom of a medium sized glass baking dish. Spoon one cup of the pasta sauce over the spaghetti. Spread the diced tomatoes on top. Arrange cooked chicken breast in a layer on top of that. Spoon the rest of the pasta sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top of all.
- Place the baking dish on a cookie sheet and broil for three minutes or until the cheese melts and starts to brown slightly. Garnish with basil and serve.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating20 people
Hi Dugger - I've been searching for a good Parmesan Chicken recipe. This looks great, Thanks.sunny in Portland loved it
This was FABULOUS and so quick and easy to make. Thanks!!sunny in Portland loved it
OMG, this looks so good!dariana in loved it