Favorite Tres Leches CakeFrom shirleyoma 7 years ago
- Favorite Tres Leches cake shopping list
- INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- * 1 1/4 cup cake flour shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- * 1 cup sugar shopping list
- * 1/3 cup oil shopping list
- * 5 eggs, large shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract shopping list
- * 1 cup plus 1/2 cup milk (I use 2%) shopping list
- * 1 cup sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- * 1 cup plus 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon rum (I use extract0 shopping list
- * 1 pinch salt shopping list
- * optional garnishes- fresh berries or cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour and baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the oil, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add the eggs to the sugar mixture one at a time until well combined. Stir in the 1/2 cup of milk, then gently fold in the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased cake pan or baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until it feels firm and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool until it feels room temperature.
- Turn it over onto a platter with raised edges. Pierce cake with a fork 20-30 times. Let it cool in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes.
- Whisk together 1 cup milk, 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup heavy cream and rum. Slowly pour over cooled cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Occasionally, spoon the milk runoff back onto the cake.
- In a mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 Tablespoon sugar. Beat until peaks form. Spread a thin layer over the cake.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or garnish with fresh berries.
People Who Like This Dish 37
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating5 people
Making this. I am going to blow up! Thanks for posting thisrecipediva in Philly loved it
Never had this cake but it sounds wonderful and I've been wanting to try one for a long time. Now I shouldn't be putting it off longer, the picture is so delish looking. Would go good with my cup of coffee now. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
I just had some of this yesterday and it was wonderful. Thanks for post.dottiet in Woodward loved it