Favorite Tres Leches CakeFrom shirleyoma 8 years ago
- Favorite Tres Leches cake shopping list
- INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- * 1 1/4 cup cake flour shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- * 1 cup sugar shopping list
- * 1/3 cup oil shopping list
- * 5 eggs, large shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract shopping list
- * 1 cup plus 1/2 cup milk (I use 2%) shopping list
- * 1 cup sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- * 1 cup plus 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon rum (I use extract0 shopping list
- * 1 pinch salt shopping list
- * optional garnishes- fresh berries or cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour and baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the oil, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add the eggs to the sugar mixture one at a time until well combined. Stir in the 1/2 cup of milk, then gently fold in the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased cake pan or baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until it feels firm and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool until it feels room temperature.
- Turn it over onto a platter with raised edges. Pierce cake with a fork 20-30 times. Let it cool in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes.
- Whisk together 1 cup milk, 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup heavy cream and rum. Slowly pour over cooled cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Occasionally, spoon the milk runoff back onto the cake.
- In a mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 Tablespoon sugar. Beat until peaks form. Spread a thin layer over the cake.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or garnish with fresh berries.
People Who Like This Dish 37
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating5 people
I just had some of this yesterday and it was wonderful. Thanks for post.dottiet in Woodward loved it
Never had this cake but it sounds wonderful and I've been wanting to try one for a long time. Now I shouldn't be putting it off longer, the picture is so delish looking. Would go good with my cup of coffee now. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Making this. I am going to blow up! Thanks for posting thisrecipediva in Pittsburgh loved it