Redneck Turtle Burgers From Just A PinchFrom twill10 1 year ago
- Redneck Turtle Burgers from Just a pinch shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 12 all-beef wieners, each divided in-half (total of 24 halves) shopping list
- 4 slc sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 lb bacon shopping list
- aluminum foil shopping list
- 4 hamburger buns shopping list
- condiments for burgers shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make four good-sized hamburger patties, nice and round and thick. Top w/ single slice of sharp cheddar cheese (this is optional, if you don't want cheese).
- Wrap each beef pattie in bacon strips, making a basket weave as you go. Cover entire pattie.
- Next, take the hot dog halves and make turtles' legs, head and tail. Cut the one for the tail at a diagonal on the end, so the tail looks "pointed". In the legs, put a few tiny 'slits' in the ends, so they will look like feet w/ claws after they bake.
- Line a baking sheet (with sides on it!) with foil, and place a baking rack over the foil. Arrange your "turtles" on the baking rack.
- Cook for 30 - 40 mins., in your pre-heated oven.
- A little crispy, not too crunchy ... just the way a turtle ought to be, right?
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!