Tomato Phyllo PizzaFrom ande16 8 years ago
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 7 - 10 sheets phyllo dough shopping list
- 7 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 7 to 9 plum tomatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds), sliced shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Brush a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with some of the melted butter.
- Lay a sheet of phyllo in pan, folding edges in to fit (keep remaining dough covered with waxed paper to avoid drying out).
- Brush dough with butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers five (if you use 7 sheets) to eight times (if you use 10 sheets), folding edges for each layer.
- Top with remaining dough, folding edges to fit pan; brush with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and garlic; arrange onion and tomatoes over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with the oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining Parmesan.
- Bake at 400° for 18 to 22 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Yield: 28 slices.